My Soul Sings #13:43 PM
You've heard it before...
Gratefulness is good for you.
Many therapists/counsellors/health care workers have seen how positive the act of being grateful is to one's health, especially for mental health; even going as far as implementing a 'gratefulness journal' into the care of their patients/clients.
Many individuals have professed that focusing on the positive and adopting an attitude of gratitude, transformed their way of thinking and changed their lives!
And I totally agree.
No matter how bad your day is, there is always SOMETHING that you can pick out of it that is good - even if it's something as simple as 'the sun came out'.
When I was in college/university, I made it a priority to write something on a piece of paper at the end of each day and pop it in an envelope; something good about my day. That way, I went to sleep with something positive on my mind AND I slept a whole lot better in that state of mind!
And this is something, I want (and need) to establish more solidly into my life.
This year, my One Little Word is HAVEN, and part of my physical intentions for this word is to create a haven for good health.
I believe GRATEFULNESS plays an important part of this.
So, every week, I intend to write a blog post containing a list of things that I am grateful for at that moment;
things that make my soul sing.
* when I hear my children singing, playing, laughing and having fun.
* knowing I have done something productive
* giving of my time for a worthy cause
* seeing community spirit
* when I am playing the piano and singing songs that mean something to me
* writing out my feelings and thoughts
* when i see good works done
* looking out my window and seeing the sun shining, the breeze gently swaying the trees and drying the clothes.
* feeling peacefulness
What is making your soul sing today?
With Sprinkles of Sunshine...