Something Scrummy...4:37 PM
I am always looking for new recipes that are easy and quick to do for meals.
I am not a lover of being in the kitchen for hours on end, which I know I have mentioned before.
Well, the other day, I was reading my Mumma's blog (check it out HERE), and she had the very quick and easy recipe for some slow-cooked potatoes. See it HERE.
Well, it is quick in the sense that it does not need much preparation but you do need to make sure you put them on in the morning ready for dinner :-)
I thought this was the perfect solution for our dinner plans. I had some chicken breasts out thawing as I had planned to make my Chicken Parmigiana for tea. But on finding the potato recipe, I decided to make my Country Chicken recipe, which I normally serve on rice, and have that on top of the potatoes.
I'll definitely be doing it again!
Absolutely Scrummy it was :-)
For serving, I just cut a round bit off the top and 'forked' the inside of the potato and then spooned the chicken on top.
Want the chicken recipe? Well, here it is...
Anna's Country Chicken
What you need
2 x chicken breasts
1 x packet of Cream of Chicken soup
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2/3 cup of peas (I use frozen)
2/3 cup of corn kernels (I use frozen)
1/4 cup (approx.) of cream (you can add less or more to your liking of how creamy you want it)
1 tsp tarragon
What to do
1. Cut up chicken breasts into about 2.5-3cm cubes. Place in medium sized pot with a dash of oil. On medium heat cook chicken well.
2. Add peas and corn and stir through chicken until thawed (won't take long). Add the tarragon.
3. Sprinkle contents of soup packet over chicken. Pour over the stock and stir, ensuring no soupy-powdery lumps, until starts to thicken.
4. Add cream and stir through. Allow to simmer and thicken on low heat for about 5-10mins, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot. (You can add more stock if you prefer a more runny, soupy consistency.)
5. Serve on rice or potatoes. Serves 3-4 people depending on the size of serving you want per person.
*NOTE: I have added mushrooms and other vegies (carrots, broccoli) to this before which works nicely as well.
It really was totally Scrummy!
Do try it :-)
What is your most favourite quick and easy recipe? Do share!
With Sprinkles of Sunshine...