The Journey to Jot!...

8:17 PM

I have always loved memory keeping.
As a child and into my teens, I always kept a diary - recording various events, experiences and feelings. You remember those kinds of diaries?

Dear Diary, [such and such] was mean to me today...
Dear Diary, [this certain boy] told me he likes me today...
Dear Diary, Today was awesome. I got 0 mistakes on my spelling test today. Everyone rolled their eyes cos I had made no mistakes again like every week...

Laugh out Loud. I wonder where I've put them? Hmmm...

 I, later, received my first point-and-shoot camera from my Mum and Dad for a birthday and my love of photography and capturing memories flourished. I had quite a stack of photo albums.
Then, enter scrapbooking.
And I was hooked.
I created many (very amateur) layouts and enjoyed the process of working photos and paper and other goodies on a page to make another whole piece of art. And a memory recorded in a decorative, meaningful way.

I love to create. I enjoy many a craft. And I have created lots of things over the years. Whether it be knitting, crochet, paper-crafting, sewing, quilting, writing, drawing - I've dabbled in many crafty, creative areas. And one of my creative dreams was to one day maybe create for a particular brand or organisation/publication, to write, to be published...

Enter Jot Magazine.

 


Yes, I have mentioned this wonderful publication before but I am bringing it up again - with a good and exciting reason.

Becauase I am ultra passionate about Jot and everything about it - when the call for a creative team came up, I was KEEN.
Jot Magazine and their Mood Board Challenges were the reason I had gotten right back into scrapping more regularly again. The love was always there but I always put it off due to time constraints or the fact that my studio workspace was not much of a workspace. Well, I'm still working on the workspace bit but I AM scrapbooking and paper-crafting again. I am making time to create - because I love it and it's a part of me and what I like to do!

I must admit, I did slightly waver in applying, as doubt and a lack of confidence set in. Why would I be picked? Everyone I've seen is soooo much better at this than me!
But I sat down one night and created a random layout (refer HERE for the mentioned layout) and when I finished it, I was a tad shocked at myself that I had created it. I loved it.
And my thinking began to change.
So with renewed confidence, I wrote my application, attached some photos of current works, clicked send. Step one DONE in chasing my dreams.

Then the wait.

A few days later, the 21 finalists were announced...

 
I WAS ONE OF THEM!
Speechless! Totally gobsmacked!
 
More waiting.
 
Then...
 
 
BAM!
I was IN!
Wow. Just Wow.
 
It is still sinking in.
I was chosen to be a Creative Team Member for Jot Magazine! (see the full announcement and other team members details HERE.)
I have been jumping up and down ever since (well, not always physically but inwardly - heck yeah!)
And what a confidence booster hey!?!
 
A dream has come true.
I am so thankful and utterly thrilled to bits to have this chance to work on such a great publication.
 
The first issue - if you haven't read it already - is HERE. Check it out.It's free and is all truly inspiring - and page 151 is particularly special! To me anyway - heehee! ;-)
 
 
Exciting stuff hey!?!
I'm ready to jump right in and am totally committed to this venture.
Looking forward to what is ahead!
 
With Sprinkles of Sunshine...
 
Anna 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I am so pleased for you Anna! You deserve this. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Anna, so glad you have your passion back :)
    And how cool to have an 'A' name so you are at the top of the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats - that is such exciting news! Can't wit o see what you create / design :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm SO glad you decided to enter and SO excited for you to be announced on the team Anna! Your work is gorgeous!!!

    Sheree xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images