December Daily - Days 4 & 5...

9:41 PM

Well, I am slowly plodding away at my album.
Tonight I would like to show you my days 4 & 5.



Day 4 was the day I wrapped up some goodies for a special friend. I have a lovely group of online friends and most every Christmas (and other chosen times of the year we so desire!) we do a gift swap. This year I organised the gift swapping. I had the lovely Janelle to send a gift too.
I made her a set of four crocheted coasters in some of her fave colours - grey and yellow. I also made her a Christmas hanging decoration which was a heart shaped cookie cutter wrapped in ribbon. So simple to make and cute to hang - I will admit I made a couple for our home here as well ;-)
The other little package was some items I had purchased for Janelle - a floating tea infuser, a cloud sticky note pad, and some cute little polaroid prints from Typo of pretty teacups, teapots etc.

This page was pretty much photos. But for the decorative elements, I used a couple of 3x4 cards to journal on. I punched out a circle from thin cork, wrapped it with some thread and stuck on a number 4 using the gold thickers from the DD kit from Polka Dot Creative. I wrote my journalling on a piece of vellum which I then stuck onto the card with washi tape - also from the kit.
The other journal card on the other page featured a number list so I decided to write the gift items that I had put together for Janelle on it.

I also created another insert to slot in for day 4 as I had a special story I wanted to include for that day. Something that meant a lot to me.


I used a piece of 6x6" patterned paper from the paper pad in the kit. I didn't rip the top section of paper off as I wanted to keep this for the binder holes. I also cut a piece of 'Believe' Christmas Heidi Swapp paper I had spare from making the star insert back on Day 3. This measured 6x4". 
I attached the 6x6 photo (yes it is of vegetables and eggs - there is a story to this!!) to the un-patterned side of 6x6" paper. I used washi tape down the binder side of the photo.
The 6x4" card I scored down the edge a width of 1/2 inch. I stapled this to the binder edge, covering the main part of the photo.
I then added a title to the front and the journalling to the inside.
On the patterned back, I used the gold Thickers from the kit to write 'grateful' and attached a black chalkboard-like sticker using a white gel pen for the rest of the writing. A few other embellishments added from the kit and I popped it in my album.


 And that was Day Four DONE!!


Day 5 was short and sweet. It involved receiving a Christmas card from our Poppa (on my husbands side). I was touched to get a card from him with an envelope for each of my girls containing some money. Considering he had just laid his wife (our Nan) to rest, a couple of months ago, I thought it was mighty thoughtful and generous of him to sit down and send out a bit of love to his family. I guess it would make him feel more connected in a way. Well, it meant a great deal to me.
The other exciting thing was winning a cute little handmade house from @leoniekiwi on Instagram! 
Gotta love THAT!!

The decorative elements to the page involved using the number 5 as a topper for the tree. The photo of Pop's card - I attached a piece of vellum to the card with washi tape and wrote my journalling on it - when placing in the pocket, the vellum part stays out and lays on top of the pocket - like so...


On the other journal card I used one of the stamps from the stamp set in the kit by Kellie Stamps and I just drew a decorative border.

And that concludes day 4 & 5.
I am really loving putting this album together. I enjoy thinking up different creative ways to show my stories.
I'm really happy with what I have documented so far. It is going to be a great little keepsake!!

Well, until next time...
Take care.
I'm off to watch Love Actually on telly - SOOOO love that movie!!!

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've got vellum paper. Wow, I'm going to try this. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Lucy! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my album. It's such a fun little journey that makes December all the more exciting!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images