I'm A Planner Girl...

9:10 PM

PLANNERS!

They are all the craze these days, not only for daily/monthly/yearly planning but also for recording memories as well.
And I've been pulled (quite willingly) into the colourful world of the planner -- but I'm not ashamed to admit...
I'm a Planner Girl ;-D

These days there are many options when it comes to the planner! The biggest hurdle many face first and foremost, is CHOOSING which one is best for them to use!
I thought that I would share what I use and how it works for me.
Additionally, I will also share some links to some other planner options, just to showcase some different choices.

This year I have been using the Heidi Swapp large with gold dots Memory Planner.



I really do enjoy the design and layout of this planner.
Each month starts with a page that I call the 'jot down' area. It's a place that I write my monthly 'hope-to-do' list, inspirational quotes, doodling and other decorative touches.




This is followed by a double page calender of the month.
I use this space to pop in special dates, events, appointments etc. 
...and I like to tizzy the page up as much as I can while I'm at it!



The rest of each month is pages that are a week to a double page spread.
Each day has enough space to go into more detail about your day, add a photo, a drawing - anything that documents your day. Each month has a sleeve of pocket pages in either 2x2 or 3x3 inch sizes to add in any extra photos or special memorabilia.
I love that this space makes it more than a planner...it makes it a memory keeper too.

 TOOLS

Heidi Swapp brought out a hole punch specifically designed for her memory planners, so I purchased one of them. And I'm glad I did, it makes adding things in so much quicker and easier without having to measure and pencil in punch mark spots and punch holes individually, blah blah blah...this works wonders.

There are many nifty Heidi Swapp accessories that complement her planner perfectly.
My top picks were the transparent date stickers, washi tape booklet, small glitter alpha stickers, and the 3x3inch and 2x2inch cards for the pocket pages included - although I also use them on my pages as well.

Other companies have picked up on the planner trend and now have quite a variety of products available that can be used in your planners.
I use a variety of items from Studio Calico, Kellie Stamps, Ali Edwards, A Beautiful Mess (Messy Box kits), and a few others along with the Heidi Swapp products...
and I LOVE how wonderfully it all works together!



So that's what I have been using this year.
And I've been really digging it. I love the detail that I can add into every day - kind of like my own personal journal as well as my daily planner.
I'm hooked!

Of course, there are many other different planners out there available to choose from.
And, as promised, I'll make a short list...
 my top 5 picks that have piqued my interest - so here goes...

1. The Erin Condren Life Planner - I like the fully customisable options and the concept of the focused goal setting area. And it's got a lovely clean design and easy flow to the look and layout of the pages.

2. GET TO WORK BOOK - created by the queen of goal setting, Elise Blaha Cripe. What better way to explain than the creator...
 "GET TO WORK BOOK® is a daily planner + goal setting workbook designed to help you make progress on your big goals by taking things one day at a time. While (sadly) it can't do your work for you, every inch of it was thoughtfully designed to help you get to work."

3. KIKKI-K planners - in a variety of cover designs and sizes.. and many pretty accessories to choose from that complement the planners - it's not hard to go the Kikki-K way :-)

4. DAY DESIGNER by Whitney English - daily schedules, to-do lists, goals...a planner that enables you to have a well designed life!

5. BULLET JOURNAL - I actually really enjoy this concept. At first, it seems quite involved and mind boggling but in essence is actually quite a simplistic and well structured approach to planning your everyday life. This one would definitely be gold for the list lover (especially if you LOVE bullet points!)
Be sure to watch the video!

Ok! So that about wraps things up in the planner department for now.
I will be back again to reveal what I have chosen to go with for next year with my planner needs. I'm excited!!

So are you a Planner Girl?
What is your fave planner?
Do share!

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images