Failure -- It's Not A Negative Thing...

12:04 PM

I truly believe that.
Even more after watching some very inspiring and energising words from Oprah on Career, Life and Leadership.



I have just spent the last hour and a bit of my life, watching and listening to words of wisdom from the one and only Oprah Winfrey.
I wanted to share the video here for you to watch too - yes it's lengthy but it's worth it!
It truly is!
I don't normally sit through a video that long unless it has me fully engaged -- so that's saying something for this ;-)

A quote to point your life forward
[source]

This woman knows who she is and what her calling is. I just love listening to what she has to say.

Although the entire content of what Oprah has to say in this video is rather dynamic, it's the last four minutes that were the most profound to me.
Especially the part about failure. Because I believe it to be true...failure is not necessarily a negative thing. It's definitely not something that is particularly nice to go through therefore we definitely don't desire to experience it!
That's probably why it is viewed negatively, because it is undesirable. Nobody wants to be seen as having failed, or to be viewed as a failure.

But Oprah reminds us that there is no such thing as failure, really.
Because failure is just that THING, trying to move you in another direction.

Don't be afraid of it.
Listen to it.

Move forward.

Please watch it.
I know that you will get something out of it.



With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post Anna, I loved it!! Thanks for sharing the video too, I'll save it for later. x

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Flickr Images