CREATIVE PROJECT: Alcohol inks...

12:05 AM

[ **this post is promoting Craft Online - I did receive product, however all product was chosen by me and the project and all tips, tricks and views are all mine** ]

Hello dear friends!

I am here to share with you another little creative adventure I've been on.
Something a little different but when something calls to be tried, ya just gotta have a go at it.

For a while now, I've seen these gorgeous watery, colourful artworks done on tiles, popping up on social media and I have been so taken by them and wondered how to do them.
So, of course, I hit Google...and after a quick search, I found out that these interesting pieces were created with alcohol inks!
I just could not shake the urge to give it a go.
So after watching a few YouTube videos and working out what I'd need to make it happen, I jumped onto Craft Online (my first go-to for craft supplies) to grab the goods!



Now, I'm no expert with these -- this was my very first try.
I must say, I had so much FUN creating with these inks.
I believe I will be making more of these and have only just scratched the surface of possibilities using this new medium.



I've started off by painting on ceramic tiles but I also grabbed a pack of special paper (Yupo White Cardstock) from Craft Online as well which can be used with these.
It's a little more expensive to use than ceramic tiles but I'm keen to give it a go for my next alcohol ink creative time. I'll be sure to share my efforts here when I do, hopefully very soon.

Anyway here is what I created.
Keep in mind...this was my first try so don't be too hard on me! haha!
I'm sure I'll get better as I keep practicing and experimenting :-)

The colours are so vibrant. I was zinging with colour love the whole time!
It is also quick drying but when activated by isopropyl alcohol you can wipe it clean and start again..or just move the inks around with the spritzer or toothpick before it dries again.
LOVE IT!
If you love the look of this kind of creative work, be sure to check out Craft Online for all the artsy, crafty supplies you need. They really have a massive range of products available for any creative project!
I've included links to the products I've used for this project below...

>> Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Dockside Picnic - Brights <<
>> Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Inks - Nature Walk - Earthtones <<
>> Adirondack Alcohol Ink .5 Ounce - Brights - Sunshine Yellow <<
>> Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution <<
>> Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer Tool <<
>> ceramic tiles (Bunnings Warehouse)

I hope this has inspired you in some way. And if you get a hankering to try something different like I did, embrace it and DO it!!
I'd love to see what you all are creating so be sure to tag me on Instragram (@annamayde) or post on One Big Sunshine Spritzer Facebook page.

Take care peeps!

With Sprinkles of Sunshine...

Anna

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images